Ideas for Successful Advertising of Massage Services
As anyone who has ever gotten a massage knows, few things are more relaxing than a good rubdown. Massage therapy is more popular than ever in today’s fast-paced and stressful world. As a massage therapist, you provide an essential service that helps people to relax and de-stress.
However, when it comes to marketing your massage business, you may find yourself needing help. How can you ensure your massage therapy advertising stands out from the competition?
This article shares three tips to help your business grow and stand above others in this industry.
1- Share Valuable Content
How do you attract new patients and keep them coming back? Give them the answer to what they are searching for!
First and foremost, this is achieved by providing the optimal massage therapy treatment for their needs. Yet to get them in your doors, you need to give them the content and information that gives them the answers they seek.
This doesn’t mean sales pitches; this means content that interests them, entertains them or provokes an intended emotion.
This focus on helping versus selling is a strategy known as content marketing, and it is very effective in attracting new clients.
Helpful Information. Provide your future and current clients with valuable information that will keep them wanting to return for more. Use social media, email, or direct mail to share your helpful content.
Here are some ideas of information to share:
- Pain-relieving techniques
- Workouts and stretches
- Nutritional foods and recipes
- How-to’s for strength training, relaxing, relieving stress, etc.
- Recipes for homemade candles, lotions, and essential oil blends
As you monitor the level of engagement and feedback on information shared, you can give your clients more of what they want. The more your followers like the information you provide, the more they will remember your business when needed.
Create Original Content. Sharing information, pictures, links, and stories from other sources is excellent. Yet sharing your great content can help establish your brand as an expert in the industry!
Start a blog and an email newsletter to share your original content. While writing your articles may seem daunting initially, it doesn’t have to be. Begin by analyzing all the types of information and tips your audience would find helpful and go with it.
Perhaps they want to have massage tips for athletes, methods to relieve back pain, or daily stretches that can ease tightness. Brainstorm topics by considering your services and then asking questions like:
- What services or practices do I provide that set my business apart from others?
- What is the specialty of my physical therapy practice?
- Is there a specific topic that I am most passionate about?
- What feeling or attitude is most present in my clinic?
- Who is my target audience and what are their biggest concerns?
The answers you learn from these questions can give you an excellent start for your topic list. As you begin creating your original content, share it on all your social media channels.
Get your brand known and seen as an authentic source of valuable information.
People prefer to work with experts. Your consistent and up-to-date content will have you on the road to being recognized as an expert in your field.
Build Your Brand
To rise above your competitors in the physical therapy industry, show your personality, values, and passion. This will strengthen your relationship with your clients. Your brand should be an accurate representation of you. Think of it as a breathing, living, walking, and evolving resume.
A good brand builds trust.
Your goal should be to connect with your target audience, not just collect followers. Aim for a professional yet amiable tone highlighting you as a brand that genuinely cares about its clients.
If you’ve established your business on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, be sure to also delve into the more picturesque platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. A picture (and video) can be worth a thousand words. Images and videos can leave lasting and powerful impressions.
3- Grow Your Client Base
Keeping and attracting new clients is always at the top of the list when it comes to physical therapy. Thankfully, physical therapy is a growing industry with various creative marketing strategies, some of which we’ve discussed above.
To keep your business thriving, work to increase the size of your contact list. Here are some ways to get your business growing.
- Testimonials. Reviews and testimonials provide your audience the social proof that you are worth their time, and they should make an appointment. After a visit, when a client is most refreshed and satisfied, ask for a testimonial. Offer incentives for clients to leave positive reviews on your google profile or yelp.
- Get Involved Locally. Getting out and into your community gets you into the limelight of people who may have never considered massage therapy. Consider participating in your community clubs or fitness centers and extend your knowledge. As you acquaint yourself with your community, you boost your brand’s reach.
- Request Referrals. Use your email list to ask your current clients for referrals. You may want to offer referral discounts or incentives. Satisfied clients are generally happy to help you find more clients.
As a massage therapist, one of your main goals is to create a bond with your clients and help them achieve better physical and mental health. Your marketing plan for your massage therapy business should reflect this goal, as it will be more effective if it is targeted at your ideal clientele.
Remember that with valuable content, building your brand, and using strategies to increase your clientele; you can grow your practice and rise above your competition. When done correctly, massage therapy marketing can be invaluable for building relationships with your clients and growing your business.